The commercialisation of agriculture of the oil of Cacay in Colombia has the potential to boost economic development in a number of provinces
Information on the plant
Plant growth is rapid, and fruiting can start after four to five years. A ten-year-old tree can yield 100-250 kg of nuts per year. The nuts are easily separated from the thin shell and, when dried and roasted, can be safely stored for a long time in sealed plastic bags. They have a pleasant flavour resembling hazel nut and are eaten raw, roasted, fried or ground as a drink or sweet. Crushed nuts and milk are used to feed weaned children. The nuts contain edible oil (up to 50 percent), starch and protein, and they have a calorific value of 585 kcal per 100 g. The oil is rich in linoleic acid (34.4 percent).
- Conversion of illicit crops
- Protection of biodiversity and Promotion of sustainable development
- Complement other plantations of local farmers
- Oil use remunerative in the cosmetic and pharmaceutical sectors
- Food and drinks production
- Bio fuel.
Deja una respuesta